Top 10 easy and inexpensive tips from LuxePros
We all need a little pampering in our lives. In case you’ve been feeling a little light on luxury of late, here are our ten simple and inexpensive tips for bringing more luxury into your life while spending more time at home.
1. Before you even get out of bed, give yourself a few minutes to smile and ready yourself to embrace the day. Smiling lifts your mood relaxes your body and lowers your heart rate. Who wouldn’t want to start their day on this positive note?
2. Make that first cup of the day – whether coffee, tea, or fruit juice special. Start your day off with your favorite mug, fine china, or citrus from the garden. Want an extra pick me up? Add water with lemon to your morning routine for a healthy and refreshing start. It’s how we first perceive the day that sets the tone to add that luxury in your life.
3. Flowers have a way of making everything brighter. Flowers have an immediate impact on happiness and well-being and are often the first thing we think of giving to family and friends. Embrace this little bit of luxury by keeping fresh flowers in your home office or anywhere you can see, smell, and appreciate them throughout the day.
4. Take the time to stretch and relax every few hours when working. It will improve your health, your patience, and confidence. Go outside for a breath of fresh air and sunlight. If working from home, visit with your children, toss the ball for the dog or play with your cat.
5. Keep workspaces clear and clutter-free. As well as your mind. Writing down your “to-do’s” instead of keeping them floating around in your mind helps clear mental chatter. You also give yourself a sense of purpose and calm each day when you know what you need to get done. It’s quite enriching to have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
6. Organize your home like an interior designer. Arrange furniture and décor items in small vignettes. Create places of beauty that are picture-perfect that whisk you away from room to beautiful room letting you enjoy your new luxury filled life.
7. Light your home like a fine hotel. The amount and type of lighting directly affect your concentration, appetite, and mood. Light your fireplace and create conversation-friendly furniture arrangements. Surround yourself in candlelight, lamps, and soft music. Letting the stressors of the day slip away.
8. Toss soft comfortable throws and pillows on sofas and armchairs inside and out for the times when you just want to read one more page.
9. Start your day with a luxurious shower. Lucky you if you have a rain shower to wake up your sleepy body and massage those tired muscles. Because nobody deserves to have the most outrageous and luxurious me time more than you. On those trying days, end it with a long fragrant soak. The essence of luxury is simply taking care of yourself.
10. Indulge. Whether it be a fine wine or spirits, a tranquil cup of tea, or chocolate cake, opt for quality, taste, and presentation. The best you can afford. There is some satisfaction in indulging in something you want rather in a smaller quantity than settling for a less than impressive second. You’re worth it.