As a luxury business professional, you face intense competition and challenges when it comes to attracting and vetting qualified clients. Often finding yourself navigating a plan to make your services and products more visible to attract potential clients outdated or cumbersome.
As we approach the second half of the year and often the busiest half, you need to ask yourself what is the first thing your customers reach for each morning? According to a poll conducted by Braun Research 35 percent think first about their smartphone with coffee coming in at 17 percent. And, according to Google, nearly 80 percent of the smartphone users currently reach for their devices as they walk in a store.
With smartphone users projected to reach 68% of the population by 2017, you are at a distinct advantage if you are on the internet. But being “on” the internet is no longer merely enough. Businesses have to get attention, establish credibility, and convince site visitors they are the best choice. To get started in employing a predictable marketing and client acquisition platform for your firm, employ the next 3 steps.
1) Have a professionally designed, responsive website.
Within seconds of landing on your pages your business has been sized up based solely on what they see or don’t see. Think about how quickly impressions are formed in face-to-face meetings.
You can impress website visitors and keep them engaged by ensuring your digital web-self:
- Is professionally designed and visually represents your brand
- Is responsive. Displays correctly across all devices (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
- Uses solid technology with fast load times.
- Contains content that addresses the visitors’ needs in an easy-to-navigate site structure.
2) Drive targeted traffic to your website
You have spent the time and money to develop a website that reflects your brand and have added content that speaks to your perfect customer. Impressive. But only if the right people see it.
The concept is not unlike what you do to get potential clients into your brick and mortar office. You have to get out there and make yourself known through ads, networking, and word of mouth.
The goal with your digital-self is to get front of potential customers actively searching for the services you provide using one of two strategies.
Search engine optimization (SEO) utilizes strategies that make your website appear more often in search engines. This type of organic exposure is achieved by content that contains “keywords,” words that people use in search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. to find things they are looking for. The more relevant keywords you have makes you more attractive to search engines and gets you higher up in the search results and for keywords more relevant to your business.
SEO sounds simple but it’s a labor-intensive process beginning with an audit of your site, keyword research, page optimization, link and citation building, social media, and copywriting. And this is just for starters. Since SEO is a long-term strategy expect to make an investment of both time and money.
SEO is only a subset of the equation. Both SEO and Search engine marketing (SEM) use keywords, optimization, content, etc., but SEM requires a payment to search engines or third party programs to promote your website and increase its visibility in search engine results pages.
- Paid search advertising
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Pay-per-call (PPC) – some ads, particularly those served to mobile search users, may be charged by the number of clicks that resulted in a direct call from a smartphone.
- Cost-per-click (CPC)
- Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM)
NOTE: Most search ads are sold on a PPC or CPC basis, but some advertising options may be sold on a purchasesildenafil.com CPM basis.
3) Why social media?
Social media is a must for the following reasons:
- Peer recommendations. When someone likes your page, mentions your Twitter handle, or tags your brand name, your brand has the potential to get discovered by others.
- Respond to Criticism in Real Time. One of the worst problems in the digital world, besides not being found, is having something negative come up. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to counter negatives in search engine results you can in social media. When criticisms pop up on social media you have a chance to turn that negative into a positive by responding back to them in real time, showing current and potential customers how much you care about customer satisfaction.
- Pay to get in Front of Your Target Audience.Thanks to social media advertising, businesses can easily get their content in front of social media prospects. Resulting in website traffic, Facebook page fans, and getting your messages out.
While the above mentioned techniques may lead you to believe one strategy is better than another, you will want to invest your time, money, and efforts into both search engine and social media marketing.